Запад vs. Восток (подходы к стоительству джимников, кульурологическое)

ilya@джимник

Эксперт
6 Февраль 2006
Езжу на ...
Енот
Переписываюсь я периодически с джимниководскими представителями других стран / культур, тусующимися на сайте jimny.se

Среди моих любимых абонентов - парень из солнечной Греции, и товарищ из бананово-лимонного Сигнапура. Когда возникли проблемы с двигателем, я посоветовался с обоими.

Про совет грека я уже докладывал. Он был довольно кратким: 'Get an engine from Vitara and you will be me more than satisfied'. Ну и пара кратких советов, как его вкорячить с минимальным геморроем :)

На днях получил письмо от сингапурца. Он, напротив, считает "путем истины" переборку и доводку родного двигателя...
Нижеследующее чтиво даже скорее не несет особой практической пользы (т.к. все равно, думается мне, ни у кого из пристствующих не найдется столько терпения и упорства ;)) а больше представляет этнографисеский интерес. Привожу его письмо в виде иллюстрации САБЖА :)

If you want my opinion I wud say that rebuilding your Jimny engine will be my option . I much prefer a Jimny to be a Jimny not something else.

Blue printing your engine is the ideal solution but maybe your mechanic might not be able to do it 100% but try as best as you can to bring everything back to factory tolerances.

I have considered big boring but so far have not done it.

Just by looking at Jimny's piston we saw that most probably the Honda Civic's piston will fit but need to check the stroke and valve to piston clearance.

Also if you have no over heating problems then maybe you also can shave your cylinder head by 25 thou to 40 thou. It'll increase your CR and make the engine feel perkier.

I'm running a Suzuki Sport 65°C thermostat and 13'' flexalite radiator fan. Radiator cap is 1.3 x1000 Kpa. Factory is 0.9 for Sohc and 1.1 for Dohc.

Enlarging the throttle body isn't much use but I polished mine including the ''brass butterfly''....... also my valve cover breather is routed thru a breather K&N filter and the PCCV is routed to an oil catch tank. I did all this becos I want my inlet manifold to be as clean as possible as usually it's quite oily and dirty.

Our sohc cam is same as Vitara 1.6 and my cam is reground by Dave King of Asainautopartz . The duration is 260° and lift is 400 thou. The improvement is mostly at higher rpm. and allows me to pull to redline more easily than before cam change.

Alternatively you can play with a vernier can pulley that allows you to advance or retard your cam timing. It'll not add power but shift the powerband earlier or later.

My head also has some work done, not to open up the inlet or exhaust ports but only to smooth casting errors and also the area around the valve stems.

An expensive option regarding fuelling is 4 individual carburettors but it's too complicated for me.

Your Sohc can use Apio's Totsugeki Headers which is my first mod . It also gives better high rpm power.

I've tried cat and no cat but seems like not much improvement.

Now I run VVt model rear section after cat becos it's bigger pipe diameter .you need a little back pressure otherwise your low end will almost bb totally gone.

I use K&N or Apio Power filter, my Finer filter fell apart . I do not use snorkel but have open my factory air box with 4 2" inches diameter holes covered with S/S mesh.

My EGR is dis-connected and the 2 holes covered with Suzuki blanks.

My charcoal canister is also discarded becos I use that place to mount my winch control box.

I have DIY grounding kit and all my factory earth is supplemented by my own grounding cables.

My HT leads are Apio's Ultra cables.

From first day I have used 0W-30 engine oil ,less drag on my crank shaft .I always fill ½ between min & max not full.

My oil filter is the bigger vitara filter.

That's all I can recall now .

Every little improvement adds to the end result . Some of my mods may not have helped but overall my engine is good and the VVt jimnys in my Team cannot catch me even when I'm on 31x10.5/15 MTs.

If you can find the correct pistons I recommend big bore and shaved head as the most increase in power.

Sprinter

Старожил
24 Апрель 2006
Москва
Езжу на ...
Jimny 2005, АКПП
Это не только к строительству Джимников относится. Это путь эволюции и революции. Восток и Запад, ты правильно отметил.